One of the cheapest superfood is kale, also called ”the new beef”. During this time of the year kale is in season and it is available in almost all supermarkets. Today I want to share the benefits of kale with you to inspire you to eat more of this superfood when it is in season.
THE BENEFITS OF KALE:
- Kale is high in fiber, low in calories and it has no fat. It’s also filled with vitamins, folate and magnesium.
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants such as carotenoids and flavonoids which help protect against various cancer.
- Kale is high in iron. Kale has more iron than beef per calorie. Iron is essential for health, such as transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.
- Kale is high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for your vision and your skin.
- Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very good for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
- Kale is high in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk. Calcium aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- Kale is a great detox food. It is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy.
- Kale is high in Vitamin K. A diet with high Vitamin K levels can help protect against various cancer and suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Kale is a great for cardiovascular support. Eating more kale lower cholesterol levels.